Today’s the 75th anniversary of Margaret Mitchell’s Pulitzer Prize win for Gone With the Wind!
Fun fact: She almost named the novel “Not in Our Stars,” coming from a quote from Julius Caesar: “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in oursevles.” This, incidentally, became the quote that was used as the title of John Green’s fabulous novel, The Fault in Our Stars!
These books are some of my favorites, so it’s interesting to see the near-similarities in the author’s title choices.
Friday May 5 @ 12:25pm
tagged as: gone with the wind. the fault in our stars. tfios. gwtw. queuetie.
- whataniceboxheart likes this
- assortedthoughtsofascatterbrain likes this
- fuckunicole reblogged this from bonnieandclydes
- bonnieandclydes reblogged this from katiieemariiee
- katiieemariiee reblogged this from caseymeeks
- pleasant-tomorrow likes this
- caseymeeks reblogged this from emmagraceful and added:
- intelligentlydesigned likes this
- settleddowninparis reblogged this from emmagraceful
- toouko likes this
- bubblegumbea likes this
- hellomynameisginny reblogged this from michaelsgoods
- hellomynameisginny likes this
- michaelsgoods reblogged this from dolewhip and added:
- dolewhip reblogged this from emmagraceful and added:
- cucumber-fairy likes this
- emmagraceful posted this